liberal dreams and the internet
full title: Liberal dreams and the internet
authors: James Curran & Tamara Witschge
year of publication: 2011
published in: James Curran (ed) Media and Democracy
subtitle of this publication
- How does TV entertainment contribute to the democratic life of society?
- Why are Americans less informed about politics and international affairs than Europeans?
- How should new communications technology and globalisation change our understanding of the democratic role of the media?
- What does the rise of international ezines reveal about the limits of the internet?
- What is the future of journalism?
- Does advertising influence the media?
- Is American media independence from government a myth?
- How have the media influenced the development of modern society?
Professor Curran’s response to these questions provides both a clear introduction to media research, written for university undergraduates studying in different countries, and an innovative analysis written by one of the field’s leading scholars.